Don't think I'll be buying that!

My postbag each morning contains various items targeted at priests to encourage them to buy things for the parish. Today I had a "SPECIAL OFFER" which was
Washable Chasuble
Machine washable chasuble that needs little or no ironing [...] A full gothic chasuble and stole made in polyester hopsack, which is light-weight and comfortable to wear. The fabric lends itself to the full cut of the garment which hangs in gracious folds [... etc.] Special price £114.
These things always remind me of a comment by Fr Guy Nicholls several decades ago about a similar "garment" laid out in the English College sacristy "I wouldn't throw that over a horse!"

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible