Holy Family, Benediction, Humanae Vitae

We have just finished our evening for engaged and married couples in the parish. I gave a short ferverino on the Holy Family and how they can help both families and engaged couples. Then we went into Church for Rosary and Benediction, including some special prayers (I'll post these in a sec.) After Benediction, Fr Linus Clovis gave an excellent talk on Humanae Vitae which was followed by an informative discussion.

I asked Fr Linus when he was going to publish his talk on slavery. This was an excellent talk that I listened to on tape in my car one evening driving round to the Seminary. He pointed out that the Popes consistently condemned modern slavery but the message was not preached locally in the pulpit. The same has happened with Humanae Vitae. I look forward to posting it here when it is ready.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible