From St Hugh's to baby Hugh

A mini road trip today. I will be at St Hugh's Charterhouse, Parkminster for 2pm to lecture and stay on for Vespers. Then on to Cambridge to give a talk on "Richard Dawkins, Evolution and Atheism" at the Catholic Parish of Our Lady and the English Martyrs in the centre of Cambridge. The talks there are arranged by Edmund and Fiorella Nash whose first child, Hugh Ambrose Nash, was born 20 April 2006. If I remember to bring my camera, I may be able to post a photo tomorrow.

I realise that evolution is much more controversial in the USA than it is here. Basically I have no problem accepting the scientific account of evolution in accord with the limits set by Pope Pius XII in Humani Generis. Far from proving atheism, as Dawkins alleges, evolution can be used as part of the proof for the existence of God. Just have to revise a few things before I leave and I'll post a link to the talk tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible